This packet was designed for targeted and intentional letter / beginning sounds practice with an engaging Winter theme.
>> Click HERE to get this resource inside a HIGHLY discounted [limited time] Winter GROWING Bundle for a chance to for your students! <<
✨Looking for seasonal phonics worksheets for the YEAR? Check out the Ultimate Seasonal Phonics Worksheet BUNDLE!✨
There are 25 Winter beginning sounds activities that require no prep.
Important information about this set of Winter alphabet practice activities.
- This alphabet resource focuses on letter sounds / beginning sounds, NOT letter names.
- Every letter of the alphabet is practiced throughout the packet.
- Letters are shown in both uppercase and lowercase.
- The letter X is only practiced as an ending sound in a CVC word.
This Winter letter sounds resource will help your students practice and achieve the following skills:
- Identifying/Matching letters to their sound (using the beginning sound in the picture)
- Distinguishing between letters with similar sounds (ex: Gg VS Jj)
- 1 page focuses on identifying vowels VS consonants
- Oddity tasks: finding the picture that doesn’t start with the same sound as the rest
- Reading predictable sentences about letter sounds while building fluency ( ex: Bb is for [picture of a bat] bat.)
- Reading predictable sentences about letter sounds in a book while building fluency. (see example above)
As always, feel free to ask any questions using the Q/A tab or by emailing me directly at Lauren(at)aTeachableTeacher(dot)com.
Copyright © 2021 A Teachable Teacher, LLC.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Do not redistribute.
Copying any part of this resource and placing it on the Internet is strictly forbidden. This is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.