Use these Thanksgiving worksheets with ANY list of words. Just type your words in ONCE and all of the pages will autofill!
NO NEED to download fonts!
NO NEED to mess with PowerPoint!
NO NEED to type in your words into each part of the Thanksgiving activities!
Just download, type, and print your customized Thanksgiving activities!
Any Type of Word Work
These activities can be used for any of the following word lists:
- spelling words
- sight words
- phonics words
- and more!
- Choose your templates! The 10 spelling activities have been formatted for word lists with 5 words, 10 words, 15 words or 20 words.
- Choose your word list length on page 5, and then type in your word list. A word list + 10 customized spelling activities will instantly generate.
- Repeat with different word lists to differentiate for your entire class in SECONDS!
When you type in your word list, TEN activity pages will automatically generate:
- Acorn ABC Order – Write words in alphabetical order. (Don’t worry, the word bank is scrambled, so you can still type your words in alphabetical order on the main page.)
- Turkey Leftovers on Repeat – Write words 3 times each; word bank provided.
- Typing Turkeys – Write each spelling word and then type it on the keyboard at the bottom of the page; word bank provided).
- Bread Roll Boxes – Use the word bank to find the letter boxes that match each word. Write the letter in the box to spell the word.
- Cooking up Codes – Use the fall picture code to write each spelling word in code. (Please note the English alphabet is not editable on this page.)
- Supper Sorting – Student-led sorting into three different categories; word bank provided.
- Spin the Pie (and Trace) – Use a paperclip and a pencil to spin the spinner. Trace the words in that color. Repeat. (Please note the colors in the spinner are not editable.)
- Native Narrative – Make up a story about the first Thanksgiving using as many words as possible, word bank provided.
- Pilgrim Picture Codes – Decode each “word” by using beginning sounds.
- Fun Food Fonts – Use a paperclip and a pencil to spin the spinner. Then write a word in that font. Repeat. Word bank provided. (Please note the fonts inside the spinner are not editable.)
- BONUS! – A word list (with an editable title, of course) will automatically generate as well. These comes 2 per page.
Editable Means Editable!
- Don’t like the title I gave the page? No problem, just click on it and type your own title! That specific page title will automatically change for that page on EVERY template (5 words, 10 words, 15 words, 20 words).
- Don’t like the directions I gave? No problem, just click on it and type your own directions! Those specific page directions will automatically change for that page on EVERY template (5 words, 10 words, 15 words, 20 words).
How long does it take to edit Thanksgiving Word Work?
- As you type in your information, 10 pages (+ a word list) are INSTANTLY generated.
- Create differentiated activities for the entire month of November in a matter of MINUTES!
How many words can I use for Thanksgiving Word Work?
- You can use these activities for any word list with 5, 10, 15, or 20 words.
- If your word list is in between 5, 10, 15, or 20 words, round up and use that template. Just know that there might be a few blank spaces on the page.
- Reuse the file to create an UNLIMITED number of Thanksgiving practice pages.
Am I limited to short words? How long can my words be?
- One of the things that makes this packet MAGICAL is that the font sizes will automatically increase or decrease based on the length of your words.
- There is not a limit on word length, however, I do not recommend using supercalifragilisticexpialidocious as one of your words. That would appear VERY tiny. 😉
Do I need special software to edit Thanksgiving Word Work?
- In order to use these magical files, . It is completely FREE, and probably already installed on your computer. Click here to download it for free.
I am not tech savvy. Can I still use this?
- Absolutely! I’ve created this resource extremely user-friendly, and easy to follow directions are included on the first page of the download.
Can I translate this to Spanish?
- Yes! However, any text inside the spinners cannot be changed. Also, the alphabet in the “Cooking Up Codes” page is locked due to graphics use. Please note: graphics are locked and cannot be moved.
Are these activities the same as your other Editable Spelling Activities?
- Yes, . However, this set was highly requested and has been given a Thanksgiving twist. 😉