If you’re looking for targeted phonics activities this Thanksgiving, this resource is for you! These activities are NO PREP for you, yet festive and engaging for your students!
Best of all, there’s an array of activities to meet your students right where they’re at, boosting their phonics and reading skills ASAP.
What are the Thanksgiving Phonics Activities?
Students love themed activities and teachers love when students can practice targeted skills.
But that can be so tricky when our students need to practice DIFFERENT phonics skills. This is why I created this resource!
With this bundle, you can differentiate for your students at ease!
There are 4 separate packets in this bundle. Each packet is targeted, but the activities and formats remain consistent between the sets.
The four individual packets in this bundle include:
- Beginning Sounds
- CVC Words
- Digraphs (CCVC and CVCC)
- Blends (CCVC and CVCC)
ALL of the activities in this Thanksgiving Phonics Bundle are NO PREP.
Why These Thanksgiving Phonics Worksheets?
All the pages within the multiple phonics skills resources were purposely designed to be clear and engaging.
Within each page of this 25-page targeted packet, students practice phonics skills in isolation, in real words, in a sentence, and in a story. It follows this method of teaching phonics. (Which by the way, is extremely efficient!)
Students are able to practice important phonics skills with activities such as decodable sentences, decodable mini books, themed cut-and-paste worksheets, and so much more!
The Thanksgiving themes include pumpkins, leaves, harvest foods, cooking, baking, and A LOT of turkeys!
Targeted Thanksgiving Phonics Activities:
Thanksgiving Beginning Sounds – The Alphabet
There are 26 Thanksgiving beginning sounds activities.
This Thanksgiving letter sounds resource focuses on letter sounds / beginning sounds, NOT letter names.
Every letter of the alphabet is practiced throughout the packet.
Letters are shown in both uppercase and lowercase.
Special Note: The letter X is only practiced as an ending sound in a CVC word.
The Thanksgiving letter sounds resource will help your students practice and achieve the following skills:
- Identifying/Matching letters to their sound (using the beginning sound in the picture)
- Distinguishing between letters with similar sounds (ex: Gg VS Jj)
- 1 page focuses on identifying vowels VS consonants
- Oddity tasks: finding the picture that doesn’t start with the same sound as the rest
- Reading predictable sentences about letter sounds while building fluency and in a book.
Thanksgiving CVC Words
There are 25 Thanksgiving CVC words activities.
The Thanksgiving cvc words resource will help your students practice and achieve the following skills:
- Isolating and identifying beginning, medial, and final sounds in CVC words
- Differentiating between all 5 medial vowel sounds
- Reading and comprehending cvc words
- Writing cvc words in a decodable sentence
- Reading cvc words in a decodable sentence and in a decodable story (while building fluency and comprehension)
Thanksgiving Digraphs (CCVC and CVCC)
There are 25 Thanksgiving digraphs activities.
The following digraphs are practiced in this decodable digraphs resource:
- Beginning ch and ending ch
- Beginning sh and ending sh
- Beginning th and ending th
- Ending ck
This Thanksgiving digraphs resource will help your students practice and achieve the following skills:
- Isolating and identifying beginning and ending digraphs in words.
- Reading and comprehending short vowel CCVC and CVCC words with digraphs
- Reading short vowel words with digraphs in a decodable sentence and story (while building fluency and comprehension)
- Writing short vowel words with digraphs in a decodable sentence
This resource is DECODABLE!
The Thanksgiving blends resource includes ONLY words with beginning blends (and sometimes ending digraphs) and short vowels.
S, L, and R blends are practiced in this decodable blends resource!
Your students will also practice the following blends skills:
- Isolating and identifying beginning blends in words.
- Reading and comprehending short vowel CCVC and CCVCC words with blends (and ending digraphs)
- Writing short vowel words with blends (and digraphs) and practicing them in decodable sentences.
- Reading short vowel words with blends (and digraphs) in a decodable sentence (while building fluency and comprehension) and in themed stories.
How to Purchase the Thanksgiving Phonics PDF
Each phonics skill is available to purchase individually, or you can save over 20% (and easily differentiate) by purchasing the bundle!
(No discount code is needed for the bundle, it’s already marked down over 20% off!)Click HERE to purchase the Thanksgiving Phonics Bundle on Teachers Pay Teachers!