Download this FREE Help Your Child Learn to Read reading tips brochure to give your students’ parents. It will help them support their child in learning to read.
In case you did not know, I am passionate about helping kids learn how to read!
As a teacher, tutor, and teacher blogger, parents often email me and ask how they can help their child learn to read while at home. I’m sure you get the same question! And while I know we are all thrilled that they care enough to ask…Repeating ourselves is not fun! 😉 Plus, it’s hard to share the entire learning-to-read process in one tiny conversation. Thus, the reading tips brochure was born! I created this reading tips brochure to give to parents (or guardians). It’s all about how they can help their child learn to read.
Topics Included in the Reading Tips Brochure
I’ve designed these reading tips for kindergarten parents, first grade parents, and parents of students who struggle in learning how to read.
The following topics are covered in the brochure:
- The importance of reading with their child every day
- Phonemic awareness (in layman’s terms)
- Ways to practice the alphabet
- How reading affects writing (and vice versa)
- Sentence starters for discussing read alouds (and building comprehension)
- Free reading websites for kids
Sharing the Reading Tips Brochure
I recommend that you download and print multiple copies of this brochure and keep them on hand.
This brochure is perfect for handing out at:
- the start of a new school year
- Back-to-School Night
- Open House
- Parent-teacher conferences
- or anytime a parent asks how they can help support their child in reading at home.
Printing Tips for the Reading Tips Brochure
All you need to do is print these pages back to back and fold into thirds for a perfect brochure!
A few printing tips:
- Do not choose “fit to page” or “scale to fit”
- If you want to print back-to-back from your printer (instead of the copy machine) be sure to choose “2-Sided” and “flip on short edge” or “short-edge binding.”
I hope that many parents find this brochure helpful.
And last but not least, I hope this information prepares many of your current and future students to learn to read! ??
Click HERE or on the picture below to download the free reading tips brochure for your students’ parents!
Editing or Translating the Reading Tips Brochure
I’ve had many of you contact me and ask me to translate the brochure into your students’ parents’ native language.
I’ve also had some requests for new/different websites added to the brochure.
While I can’t take every custom request (I wish I could!), I did take the time to create an editable version of the brochure.
You can find the Editable Help Your Child Learn to Read Brochure by clicking here!