Your students will practice targeted phonics skills, build fluency, and gains loads of confidence all while having FUN!
The best part? Every book is made from ONE sheet of paper with two simple folds.
Your students will feel so successful reading these targeted Winter books and will LOVE taking them home to read to their family and friends.
Because of the targeted phonics skills, you’ll be able to easily differentiate and know that your students are practicing and mastering essential phonics and reading skills.
★ IMPORTANT NOTE: These Winter decodable readers are in the Winter Phonics Bundle . Please do not purchase both! ★
• Every book shows the target skill in the top left corner of the book cover.
• Every book has a fluency component. Students read the book each time, coloring a picture each time they read.
- Uses predictable sentences about letter sounds, sight words, and Winter vocabulary. (Ex: B is for bat.)
- There are dots under words to build one-to-one correspondence in reading.
- Uses just sight words, CVC words, and Winter vocabulary to tell a story.
- Uses just sight words, CVC words, CCVC, CVCC words and Winter vocabulary to tell a story.
- Uses only simple beginning and ending digraphs: ch, sh, th, and ck.
- Uses just sight words, CVC words, CCVC words, CCVCC words, and Winter vocabulary to tell a story.
- Only 2 letter beginning blends are used.
- There are also some words that include a beginning blend and ending digraph (CCVCC).
- Hot Chocolate Stand
- Ice Fishing
- Ice Hockey
- Snow Day
- skill words underlined
- skill words NOT underlined
• CVC Decodable Readers Bundle
• Decodable Books with Digraphs
IMPORTANT: These decodable books are ALREADY INCLUDED in the Winter Phonics Bundle and the first 4 resources below. Please do not purchase both!
• Winter Beginning Sounds Worksheets • Winter CVC Words Worksheets • Winter Digraphs Worksheets NO PREP
• Winter Blends and Digraphs Activities
• Thanksgiving Decodable Readers
As always, feel free to ask any questions using the Q/A tab or by emailing me directly at Lauren(at)aTeachableTeacher(dot)com.
Copyright © 2021 A Teachable Teacher, LLC.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Do not redistribute.
Copying any part of this resource and placing it on the Internet is strictly forbidden. This is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.