This packet was designed for targeted and intentional Blends words practice with an engaging Valentines Day theme.
✨Looking for seasonal phonics worksheets for the YEAR? Check out the Ultimate Seasonal Phonics Worksheet BUNDLE!✨
There are 25 Valentine’s Day Digraphs activities that require no prep.
⭐️ Important Note! ⭐️
✨This resource is DECODABLE!
✨This decodable Valentine’s Day blends practice includes ONLY words with beginning blends (and sometimes ending digraphs) and short vowels.
The following beginning blends are practiced in this decodable blends resource:
- S Blends
- L Blends
- R Blends
This Valentine’s Day beginning blends resource will help your students practice and achieve the following skills:
- Isolating and identifying beginning blends in words.
- Reading and comprehending short vowel CCVC and CCVCC words with blends (and ending digraphs)
- Writing short vowel words with blends (and digraphs)
- Reading short vowel words with blends (and digraphs) in a decodable sentence (while building fluency and comprehension)
- Writing short vowel words with blends (and digraphs) in a decodable sentence
- Reading short vowel words with blends (and digraphs) in a decodable story (while building fluency)
There are a few cut-and-paste worksheets along with four just-fold *decodable* mini books that students will love reading with their family.
More Valentine’s Day Resources
More Decodable Blends Resources
More SEASONAL Phonics
As always, feel free to ask any questions using the Q/A tab or by emailing me directly at Lauren(at)aTeachableTeacher(dot)com.
Copyright © 2022 A Teachable Teacher, LLC.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Do not redistribute.
Copying any part of this resource and placing it on the Internet is strictly forbidden. This is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.