Phonics Intervention Minis – From Skill to Story are a research-based, decodable, reading intervention resource that and has everything you need to teach a skill from isolation into the context of reading.
Each phonics skill (glued sounds) is covered over a two-page spread.
- point and say letter sounds (that will be used in the targeted words with glued sounds)
- blend and read words with glued sounds (with the targeted word family)
- Word map (tap, map, and graph) words with the targeted word family
- Read the words with glued sounds fluency table three times
- Read the glued sound words in the context of a short, decodable sentence. (Read each sentence three times for fluency)
- Read the glued sound words in the context of a a short, engaging, and decodable story. (Read the story three times for fluency).
Important Note: The sentences and passages involved in the intervention activity use ONLY the targeted phonics skill words (glued sounds) and sight words from Fry’s first 100 sight word list.
- ank sound
- ang sound
- ing sound
- ink sound
- ong sound
- unk sound
-Each skill has it’s own set of intervention pages (a two-page spread).-
As always, feel free to ask any questions using the Q/A tab or by emailing me directly at Lauren(at)aTeachableTeacher(dot)com.
Copyright © 2022 A Teachable Teacher, LLC.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Do not redistribute.
Copying any part of this resource and placing it on the Internet is strictly forbidden. This is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.