With a scaffolded approach, these intervention worksheets help you take your students from learning a phonics skill to reading words with the skill in the context of a (decodable) story.
CVC WORD FAMILIES (25 word families)
Each word family has its own two page spread that incorporates letter sound fluency, blending and reading words, word mapping, fluency tables, and reading words with the target phonics skill in the context of simple sentences and an engaging, decodable story.
For each CVC intervention activity, students will:
- point and say letter sounds (that will be used in the targeted cvc words)
- blend and read cvc words (with the targeted word family)
- Word map (tap, map, and graph) words with the targeted word family
- Read the CVC word family words fluency table three times
- Read the CVC word family words in the context of a short, decodable sentence. (Read each sentence three times for fluency)
- Read the CVC word family words in the context of a a short, engaging, and decodable story. (Read the story three times for fluency).
Important Note: The sentences and passages involved in the intervention activity use ONLY the targeted phonics skill words (CVC word family) and sight words from Fry’s first 100 sight word list.
- short a word families (-at, -ab, -ad, -ag, -am, -an, -ap)
- short e word families (-ed, -eg, -en, -et)
- short i word families (-id, -ig, -in, -ip, -it)
- short o word families (-ob, -og, -op, -ot)
- short u word families (-ub, -ug, -um, -un, -ut)
- beginning ch digraph
- beginning sh digraph
- beginning th digraph
- ending ch digraph
- ending sh digraph
- ending th digraph
- ending ck digraph
- beginning cl blend
- beginning gl blend
- beginning pl blend
- beginning sl blend
- beginning gr blend
- beginning tr blend
- beginning st blend
- ending lt blend
- ending lf blend
- ending lp blend
- ending lk blend
- ending ct blend
- ending ft blend
- ending mp blend
- ending ng blend
- ending nk blend
- ending nd blend
- ending nt blend
- ending sk blend
- ending st blend
-Each word family has its own set of intervention pages (a two-page spread).-
- Double Final Consonants – Available May 26
- Glued Sounds – Available June 2
- CVCe Words – Available June 9
- Long Vowels – Available June 16
- R-Controlled Vowels – Available June 23
- Diphthongs – Available June 30
A Note about Scope & Sequence
- Each skill set can/will include skills previously available (see list above). For example, the digraphs resource can/will include CVC words if needed to make engaging sentences and stories.
How does a GROWING bundle work?
Purchasing a growing bundle means that you are “pre-ordering” some items at a discount before they are released. There are dates listed in the preview and description (see below) that outline when you can expect each addition to the bundle.
In order to get the additions:
• Log into TpT
• Go to “My TpT” -> “My Purchases”
• Choose: Sort by > Recently Revised; find product
• Click “download now” to download the product again. The new PDF will be in the zipped file.
As always, feel free to ask any questions using the Q/A tab or by emailing me directly at Lauren(at)aTeachableTeacher(dot)com.
Copyright © 2022 A Teachable Teacher, LLC.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Do not redistribute.
Copying any part of this resource and placing it on the Internet is strictly forbidden. This is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.