★ Please see the preview for more detailed information and sneak peeks! ★
★★★ This resource is now available in a majorly DISCOUNTED Phonics Worksheets – SOR Aligned BUNDLE! ★★★
These 25 CVC Words Worksheets are:
- ZERO prep
- Fully Decodable (see note below)
- Includes answer keys
CVC Words practice included in these worksheets:
- Orthographic mapping (word mapping) CVC words
- Blending CVC words
- Identifying/matching/writing cvc words
- Building CVC words letter by letter (cut and paste)
- Reading decodable sentences with CVC words
- Showing comprehension of decodable sentences that include CVC words
- Reading decodable passage with CVC words and answering comprehension questions
A Note about the Decodable Sentences & Passages / High Frequency Words
- The sentences and passages include
- The 10 pre-reading irregular words (heart words) are: a, and, I, for, is, of, the, to, was, you
There are 11 different types of worksheets.
- Word Mapping (based on pictures)
- Read & Match (write word under picture – word bank included)
- Write & Find (word map + word search)
- Crack the Code & Read (beginning sound code → reading cvc words, circle matching picture)
- Blend & Read (and circle the matching picture)
- Build Words (cut and paste letters to make the word; write the word)
- Read & Find (the matching picture)
- Read & Draw (decodable sentences)
- Pyramid Read & Match (decodable sentences with cut and paste pictures)
- Unscramble (decodable sentences) and Read
- Read (decodable passage) and Answer (comprehension questions)
Answer keys are included.
Note: These pages ALL incorporate beginning, medial, and final sounds. They are not isolated. Additionally, all pages incorporate all 5 vowel sounds.
As always, feel free to ask any questions using the Q/A tab or by emailing me directly at Lauren(at)aTeachableTeacher(dot)com.
Copyright © 2022 A Teachable Teacher, LLC.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Do not redistribute.
Copying any part of this resource and placing it on the Internet is strictly forbidden. This is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.