This packet was designed for targeted and intentional beginning blends practice with an engaging Christmas theme.
>> Click HERE to get this resource inside a HIGHLY discounted Christmas Phonics Bundle for a chance to for your students! <<
There are 25 Christmas blends activities that require no prep.
⭐️ Important Note! ⭐️
✨This resource is DECODABLE!
✨This decodable Christmas blends practice includes ONLY words with beginning blends (and sometimes ending digraphs) and short vowels.
The following beginning blends are practiced in this decodable blends resource:
- S Blends
- L Blends
- R Blends
This Christmas beginning blends resource will help your students practice and achieve the following skills:
- Isolating and identifying beginning blends in words.
- Reading and comprehending short vowel CCVC and CCVCC words with blends (and ending digraphs)
- Writing short vowel words with blends (and digraphs)
- Reading short vowel words with blends (and digraphs) in a decodable sentence (while building fluency and comprehension)
- Writing short vowel words with blends (and digraphs) in a decodable sentence
- Reading short vowel words with blends (and digraphs) in a decodable story (while building fluency)
There are a few cut-and-paste worksheets along with four just-fold *decodable* mini books that students will love reading with their family.
• Christmas Around the World Reading Passages (Printable and Digital)
• Christmas Coloring by Number Coloring Pages – Editable!
• Christmas Phonemic Awareness Activity
• Christmas Reading Comprehension Worksheets
• Christmas Reading Comprehension for Kindergarten
• Christmas Word Work: Christmas Spelling Activities – EDITABLE
More Decodable Blends Resources
• Blends Boom Cards™️ Mega Bundle for Ultimate Blends Boom Card™️ Practice
• Blends Decodable Readers | Blends Books | Blends Reading Passages
• Blends Decodable Reading Passages | Blends Reading Passages
• Blends Worksheets | Blending & Reading Words with Blends
As always, feel free to ask any questions using the Q/A tab or by emailing me directly at Lauren(at)aTeachableTeacher(dot)com.
Copyright © 2021 A Teachable Teacher, LLC.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Do not redistribute.
Copying any part of this resource and placing it on the Internet is strictly forbidden. This is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.