★★★ This resource is now available in a majorly DISCOUNTED Phonics Worksheets – SOR Aligned BUNDLE! ★★★
★ Please see the preview for more detailed information and sneak peeks! ★
These 30 Beginning Blends Worksheets are:
- ZERO prep
- Fully Decodable (see note below)
- Includes answer keys
Beginning Blends practiced in these worksheets include:
- L Blends: bl, cl, fl, gl, pl, sl
- R Blends: br, cr, dr, fr, gr, tr
- S Blends: sc, sk, sm, sn, sp, st, sw
★ Note: Only words with beginning blends, short vowels, and digraphs (ch, ck, sh, th, wh) are included.
★ Note: These pages ALL incorporate mixed beginning blend practice. This includes multiple consonant blends on one page.
Beginning Blend practice included in these worksheets:
- Orthographic mapping (word mapping) of words with beginning blends
- Blending words with beginning blends
- Identifying/matching/writing words with beginning blends
- Building words with beginning blends letter by letter (cut and paste)
- Reading decodable sentences with words with beginning blends
- Showing comprehension of decodable sentences that include words with beginning blends
- Reading decodable passage with words with beginning blends and answering comprehension questions
A Note about the Decodable Sentences & Passages / High Frequency Words
- The sentences and passages include
- The 10 pre-reading irregular words (heart words) are: a, and, I, for, is, of, the, to, was, you
- Remember, these activities Include words with digraphs.
There are 11 different types of worksheets.
- Word Mapping (based on pictures)
- Read & Match (write word under picture – word bank included)
- Write & Find (word map + word search)
- Crack the Code & Read (beginning sound code → read words, circle matching picture)
- Blend & Read (and circle the matching picture)
- Build Words (cut and paste letters to make the word; write the word)
- Read & Find (the matching picture)
- Read & Draw (decodable sentences)
- Pyramid Read & Match (decodable sentences with cut and paste pictures)
- Unscramble (decodable sentences) and Read
- Read (decodable passage) and Answer (comprehension questions)
Answer keys are included.
Note: These pages ALL incorporate mixed beginning blends practice. This includes multiple beginning blends on one page.
As always, feel free to ask any questions using the Q/A tab or by emailing me directly at Lauren(at)aTeachableTeacher(dot)com.
Copyright © 2022 A Teachable Teacher, LLC.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Do not redistribute.
Copying any part of this resource and placing it on the Internet is strictly forbidden. This is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.