Editable sight word worksheets are just what you to need to efficiently create sight word printables for your students!
These sight word activities provide kindergarten, first grade, and second grade students with effective and engaging sight word practice. The magical part about these sight word worksheets is that they are efficient for you, too!
Bye-Bye Sight Word Lists
Ok, not really! 😉 But you don’t need to worry about which list you use. Dolch sight words, Fry sight words, custom district sight words…Forget comparing sight word lists to see if you can use a particular resource! Forget about buying different sight word packs because Johnny is three grade levels ahead and Sally needs last year’s list. This resource is custom to y-o-u.
Take a sneak peak into the magic via the video, or keep scrolling to read more about it!
Just in case you didn’t watch the short video, here’s what makes these worksheets so magical!
• These worksheets are editable and they auto-fill.
What does that mean?
• You can use these worksheets for ANY sight words, as long as they are between 2-9 letters.
Customize & Personalize!
• Tweak the directions to your liking!
• Include students’ names and/or relevant content on every page.
As you type your information into the table, the worksheets are INSTANTLY generated!
Plus, you can create an unlimited number of sight word worksheets!
So now that you know they are magically made…here is what the finished product looks like!
- Read the sight word
- Trace the sight word
- Rainbow write the sight word
- Find and circle the sight word
- Fill in the missing letters in the sight word
- Cut, build, and paste the sight word
- Identify and read the sight word in the context of a sentence
EASY PEASY DIRECTIONS
Are you ready to make your custom sight word worksheets?
Sort your sight words by word length. Use this free website to make it quick and easy! Copy and paste this list into a word document and print it out. You will be using this newly ordered list very soon!
Open the Magical Set of Sight Word Worksheets in Adobe. This is REALLY important! If you use another PDF program, you won’t get all the cool embedded fonts and auto-fill features.
Don’t have Adobe? Click here to download it for free.
HOW TO OPEN
- Download the files from TPT
- Go to your “Downloads” folder
- Right-click the file you want to open
- Choose “Open with…”
- Choose “Adobe Reader”
Open the file named “2 Letter Sight Word Worksheets.” Using your newly sorted sight word list (see Step 1), start typing your information into the table.
- Create worksheets for 10, 2-letter words at once.
- In the similar words category, type other words that your students often confuse with that sight word.
- In the sentences category, be sure to use student names and relevant content to make these even more fun and engaging!
- One teacher told me she uses previously learned sight words and words with their current phonics skill in the sentences. GENIUS!
Scroll through the pages to see your instantly-generated custom sight word worksheets!
NOTE: Do you want to change the directions at the top of each box? No problem! (Editable means editable, right?).
Change the directions first page (AKA page 2) until they are to your liking. Then scroll the document. All the directions on every other page will have changed to match. I told you they were magical!
Print the worksheets!
- Be sure to “select” the pages you want to print so that you don’t accidentally print table (page 1). (Unless you want to print it, of course!)
Step 6 (Optional)
If you want to access these pages without typing in your information again, save the file. If not, feel free to close the file without saving. You can create more worksheets for sight words with 2 letters at any time!
Repeat that process any time you want to create new, custom sight word worksheets! I think this deserves an “EASY” button, don’t you? 😉
Like what you see? Click here to find A Magical Set of Sight Word Activities on TPT!
Are you interested in more editing magic? Be sure to check my Editable Spelling Activities blog post!