Upon instant download, you will receive:
PDF Document (41 Pages)
- Directions on how to use this center (as seen below)
- 22 Word family mats
- Each word family includes 6-12 snowman “baby” word cards
- Word families included are: at, all, ar, ad, ell, en, eep, ent, ip, ing, it, in, ill, og, ore, op, ow, ook, ug, un, unk, ump
Editable PowerPoint (5 Pages)
- Directions on how to edit this center
- Editable Word Family Mat page
- Editable Snowman “Baby” Word Card page
How To Use This Center
- Decide which word families you would like to use in your center. For example, you can use two short a word families, or two word families with different medial vowels. “Baby” cards are located on the page after the word mat. Some word family cards share a page.
- Print the word family mat and the “baby” word cards you need.
- Cut the cards. (Print on cardstock and laminate for durability).
- Give the students the stack of cards and have them sort the cards onto the correct word mats.
- Finally, have students fill out the Word Family List (page 40). Students can choose one word family to write (half page), or write both word families (whole page).