★Use these worksheets and know that your students are engaging in meaningful activities that WILL help them learn to read, and increase their confidence, without all of the prep.★
All worksheets target the digraph, SH, and only use decodable SH words when text is involved.
The following NO PREP, decodable, and meaningful worksheets are included in this resource:
→Every worksheet with a word list, sentences, or passage includes a fluency component.
- [phonemic awareness] Hear the digraph sound boxes [picture based]
- [phonemic awareness] Cut, paste, and sort: SH or no SH [picture based]
- [phonemic awareness] Cut, paste, and sort by beginning/ending sound [picture based]
- [handwriting/printing practice] Letter formation practice for the digraph, students are instructed to say the sound each time they trace the digraph
- [intro to decoding/encoding] Point and read the skill, words with the skill, fill in the skill to make a word, small fluency table for front-loaded words
- [decoding] Cut, paste, and sort by real or nonsense [text based]
- [decoding, comprehension] Read the words, cut and paste the matching pictures
- [decoding, comprehension, encoding] Read the words, cut and paste the matching pictures, then write the word
- [encoding] Look at the pictures; write the word
- [encoding/word work] Cut and paste the letter tiles to build and write CCVC and CVCC words.
- [encoding/reading comprehension] Fill in the missing word in the sentence. Use the picture clue to know the missing word.
- [encoding] Using the word bank, generate 4 sentences with target skill words.
- [encoding/comprehension] Read the sentence and illustrate each sentence by drawing a picture.
- [encoding/comprehension] Unscramble the sentences and rewrite them.
- [encoding/reading comprehension] Read the decodable passage. Answer the two comprehension questions.
Clipart keys for Teachers and Parents
Clipart keys are provided on every picture-based page. Clipart keys are on the bottom of the page, upside down, in a small font. This is to assist parents and teachers, who are assisting students/children and might not be familiar with the clipart images.
Intentional and consistent directions are repeated throughout the worksheets.
- Highlighting the digraph/target skill every time it appears on the page and reading the word in isolation. (We always use a yellow crayon to highlight!)
- Reading words with the target skill three times each to build fluency. This includes word lists with the target skill, sentences with the target skill, and passages with the target skill. This requires students to read the words in context while building fluency.
Are you looking for more NO PREP digraph practice?
- Digraphs Blend & Read Worksheets
- Color by Digraph Activities
- 1 Page Wonders for Building Digraphs Fluency
- All-in-One Reading Passages for Blends and Digraphs (advanced/not decodable)
- My First Phonics DECODABLE Reading Passages with CVC Words, Digraphs, and Sight Words
- Digraphs Boom Cards [Blend & Read]
- Digraphs Boom Cards [Word Work]
- Digraphs Boom Cards [Sentence Read & Match]
- Digraphs Boom Cards MEGA Bundle
As always, feel free to ask any questions using the Q/A tab or by emailing me directly at Lauren(at)aTeachableTeacher(dot)com.
Copyright © 2021 A Teachable Teacher, LLC.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Do not redistribute.
Copying any part of this resource and placing it on the Internet is strictly forbidden. This is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.