- 5 fiction passages
- 5 nonfiction passages
- Each passage has three “happy faces” at the bottom. These are for promoting fluency. Each time the student reads the passage, they color or mark a smiley face. Students are instructed to read the passage three times before completing the comprehension component.
- Each passage includes six reading comprehension questions. The questions include one multiple choice question along with a mix of free response question that require text evidence and/or critical thinking skills. Please note answer keys are not currently provided.
- Due to using readable font sizes, this specific set of passages is in a three-page format (per passage). The passage is on pages one and two. Two comprehension questions are on page two, and the other 4 questions are on page three. I recommend running these passages back-to-back.
- “I Can Read Level K” bonus journal cover (in portrait and landscape)!
Looking for more levels and a DISCOUNT?
- You can get this set of Level K Passages (and MORE) at a discount in the Leveled Reading Comprehension Passages Bundle for Levels J-P!