- Sign language mats come two per page. Use a paper cutter to cut across the dotted line OR keep the pages together.
- In place of each letter the is an image of the American Sign Language hand sign for the letter. Within the image is the letter in a tiny font.
- NOTE: This activity is intended to practice sight word SPELLING. Students will be signing each LETTER of the sight word, not the meaning of the sight word.
How to Use
- Print on cardstock, cut and put on rings.
- Type your words on page 3. The mats will automatically generate.
- ONLY the sight word (in the sign language font) is editable. The other text/graphics on the page are not editable.
- You can use these mats for ANY sight words, as long as they are between 2-9 letters.
- This custom sign language font (which you DO NOT need to install), does not include Spanish accents.
How long does it take?
- As you type in your word list, 10 mats are INSTANTLY generated.
- Reuse the file to create an unlimited number of sight word mats.
- Create enough sight word mats for the entire YEAR in a matter of minutes!
Do I need special software to create these printables?
- In order to use these magical files, you need access to Adobe Reader. It is completely FREE, and probably already installed on your computer. If not, a link to download is included in the file.
I am not tech savvy. Can I still use this?
- Absolutely! I’ve created this resource extremely user-friendly, and easy to follow directions are included in the download.
Can I make Spanish sight word mats?
- No, this custom font does not include Spanish accents, numerals, or symbols.