This resource includes sets for each of the following blends:
Beginning S Blends:
- st, sl, sk, sm, sn, sc, sw, spl, spr, str scr
Beginning L Blends
- fl, cl, pl, bl, gl
Beginning R Blends
- br, cr, dr, gr, fr, pr, tr
Ending L Blends
- lf, ld, lp, lm, lb, lc, lk, lt
Ending Blends (Mixed)
- nt, ng, nd, nk, mp, ct, ft, pt, st, sk, sp
Blends Review (Mixed Beginning & Ending Blends)
- Beginning: st, sl, sk, sm, sn, sc, sw, spl, spr, str, scr, fl, cl, pl, bl, gl, br, cr, dr, gr, fr, pr, tr
- Ending: lf, ld, lp, lm, lb, lc, lk, lt, nt, ng, nd, nk, mp, ct, ft, pt, st, sk, sp
Each set of drills comes in four levels, indicated by stars in the bottom left corner.
★ – blend
★★ – blend + vowel
★★★ – blend + vowel + consonant
★★★★ – blend + vowel + blend or digraph
There are two versions included:
- Print this version on cardstock, and/or laminate for durability. (Have enough for each student in your largest group). Cut in half with a paper cutter. Punch holes over the black circles in the upper left-hand corner. Attach with a one-inch binder ring. These are perfect for small groups and one-on-one practice. Best of all, you can use them year after year!
- Do you want each student to have his or her own set of Decoding Drills? Print, cut, and staple. You’ll notice that the bottom has recording boxes. Since each student has his or her own book, you can monitor student progress. Use these boxes to record data of your choice (number of words read correctly, words read per given time, etc.).