These tasks were not created as a tool used to teach a new skill. Instead, they are an opportunity to practice the skill once it has been mastered. They also serve as great assessments which you can use to guide your instruction.
Because we all have a wide range of skill levels in our classrooms, you will find two levels of each task. Use the challenge level for advanced learners or save them for additional review towards the end of the year.
I hope you find these tasks to be as beneficial in your classroom as I have in mine. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Binder Cover
- Performance task checklist
- Performance task grading roster
- 20 original performance tasks based on the Common Core State Standards for first grade mathematics: OPERATIONS & ALGEBRAIC THINKING. (There is at least one original task for each standard in this domain. However, most tasks incorporate multiple standards (as depicted in the right hand corner of each page).
- 20 challenge tasks based on the 20 original performance tasks
- Answer key for every task
While these were designed based on the first grade common core state standards, they would be great review and/or assessment for second grade!