Do your students struggle to start blending and reading words? It is hard for them to apply new phonics skills in reading?
These blend and read worksheets are exactly what you and your students need to start reading new phonics skill words fluently! By practicing blending and reading targeted skill words in a consistent and systematic way, your students will be blending reading words with new phonics skills in no time!More about this product
On each NO PREP printable page, you will find:
- The skill (word family or vowel sound) in the upper left hand corner so that you can easily find the page(s) you need.
- Numbered directions so that your students know exactly what to do.
- 4-5 word target skill words per page for your students to blend and read.
- Pointing dots under each letter so that your students are promoted to read each sound.
- When applicable, a star under each ending “e” so that your students remember to read it silently.)
- Connected dots (with a line) so that your students are prompted to blend the sounds together.
- Cut and paste matching pictures that support ESL/ELL readers and confirm correct reading. (This gives your students an opportunity to build fine motor skills, too!)
- A mixed fluency table so that your students can practice rereading the 4-5 target skill words fluently.
- Three smiley faces (for your students to color) to prompt them to read the fluency table three times.
- Dots under each word in the fluency table so that your students can practice tracking while reading.
Great for use during:
- small groups
- guided reading
- homework and more!
CURRENTLY INCLUDED SETS:
- Blends Worksheets | Blending & Reading Words with Blends
- CVC Worksheets | Blending & Reading CVC Words
- CVCe Worksheets | Blending & Reading Words with CVCe
- Digraphs Worksheets | Blending & Reading Words with Digraphs
- Diphthongs Worksheets | Blending & Reading Words with Diphthongs
- Double Consonant Worksheets | Blending & Reading Words with Double Consonants
- Long Vowel Worksheets | Blending & Reading Words with Long Vowel Teams
- R Controlled Worksheets | Blending & Reading Words with R-Controlled Vowels
- Trigraphs Worksheets | Blending & Reading Words with Trigraphs
- Soft C and G and Hard C and G Worksheets | Blend and Read Words with Soft/Hard C