All about the short vowel word fluency pages
- Target phonics skill is easy to locate so you can quickly find just what you need for each lesson
- Stars indicates level of difficulty, so differentiation is easy
- Warm-up frontloads students with skills they will find in the fluency table for ultimate decoding success
- Fluency table with decodable words only
- Three smiley faces encourage students to reread the table and build optimum word fluency
Stars on each page indicate the level of difficulty.
- 1 star – cvc words only
- 2 stars – words with digraphs
- 3 stars – words with blends (and digraphs)
Each Vowel Sound has Two Sets:
real words set
- real CVC words with short a (1 page)
- real words with digraphs and short a (1 page)
- real words with blends (and digraphs) and short a (1 page)
nonsense words set
- nonsense CVC words with short a (1 page)
- nonsense words with digraphs and short a (1 page)
- nonsense words with blends (and digraphs) and short a (1 page)
This is repeated for every vowel sound for a total of 30 pages (6 per vowel).
Ways to Use
- Single student use: Copy the pages and give one to each student. These are great to use whole group, in reading groups, tutoring, homework, and more!
- Multi student use: Print on cardstock and/or laminate. Place on rings according to vowel sound. Use (again and again) in reading groups, tutoring, and more!