All about the long vowel word fluency phonics drills
- Target phonics skill is easy to locate so you can quickly find just what you need for each lesson
- Stars indicates level of difficulty, so differentiation is easy
- Warm-up frontloads students with skills they will find in the fluency table for ultimate decoding success
- Fluency table with decodable words only
- Three smiley faces encourage students to reread the table and build optimum word fluency
Please read the list below and know I am unable to make custom changes for you at this time!
This is TWO packets in one, YAY!
Since long vowels include CVCe (or silent e, magic e…) AND vowel teams, I’ve included two packets in ONE!
CVCe Skills Included:
- Long a
- Long i
- Long o
- Long u
Vowel Team Skills Included:
Long A Vowel Teams:
Long E Vowel Teams
Long I Vowel Teams
Long O Vowel Teams
Long U Vowel Teams
Mixed Long Vowel Teams 1
- long a, long e, long o
Mixed Long Vowel Teams 2
- long i, long u
Stars on each page indicate the level of difficulty.
- 1 star – CVCe
- 2 stars – CCVCe (digraphs)
- 3 stars – CCVCe (blends)
Long Vowel Teams
- 1 star – Vowel team + single consonants
- 2 stars – Vowel team + beginning digraphs and blends
- 3 stars – Vowel team + beginning and ending digraphs and blends [when applicable]
Each category above comes in two sets:
- real words set
- nonsense words set
Ways to Use
- Single student use: Copy the pages and give one to each student. These are great to use whole group, in reading groups, tutoring, homework, and more!
- Multi student use: Print on cardstock and/or laminate. Place on rings according to vowel sound. Use (again and again) in reading groups, tutoring, and more!