What did you first think when you heard about ten frames? I don’t know about you, but I didn’t hear about ten frames until common core reached my state.
I had no idea what a ten frame was or why it is was important, so I did a little research.
- Ten frames build number sense.
- The purpose of ten frames is to help kids visualize numbers.
- They can be introduced as soon as students start learning numbers.
- Counting on/in a ten frame helps strengthen one-to-one correspondence.
- Ten frames create a foundation for learning about place value (tens and ones, anyone?).